Thursday, May 10, 2007

Birthday Resolutions...

Well, today is the beginning of another year of my life! Lindt chocolates and massages from the kids was a very lovely start to the day!!

I have been inspired today by Bill Wadman. Check out his incredible 365 projects, #1 and #2, and his 52 project. I clicked on the 11th of May from the first 365 project, and found a piece that resonates perfectly with many of my own thoughts lately - he talks about our desire for happy endings, and how we are conditioned by the media to expect happy endings, and how hard this kind of thinking can make real life. Bill says it much better than I do, but this quote in particular was inspiring to me, on my birthday, as I turn another page of the book of my life:
Life is organic, life is complex, threads overlap. This is the way is should be. Each of our lives weaves in and out of others every minute of every day. And it’s beautiful that way. Very few things have a distinct beginning and a distinct end, but that’s what let’s things sneak up on you and leads to the next chapter of the book of your life that you’re writing right now. Read More...


Bill has inspired me to copy his 52 project -I'm off for a birthday afternoon tea now, but will have formulated the first weeks project, as per the rules, by the time I go to bed tonight.

No comments: