Saturday, May 12, 2007

Love and Devotion - Mother's Day

What makes a Mother?

What I am most grateful to my Mum for, is that she is always, always there for me. No matter how much of a pain I'm being, how irrational, how wrong, how lazy, how inconsiderate, how selfish, how sad, or how in trouble I am, she's there for me just the same as when I'm being brilliant. She's there giving me a helping hand, encouragement, support, a shoulder to cry on and a loving hug - she reminds me who I am and she sees the good in me when all I can see is the bad. She is constant. She just loves me no matter what. She tells me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear, and she picks me up, kisses me better and sets me on my feet again, just as she did when I was little. I know she'll still be doing that for me when I am old. She is my foundation, my rock, my joy and my inspiration. She is love and devotion. She is my best friend, and the joy I have in sharing my own mother's journey with her is as bright and warm as the sun. What I am most grtaeful for, is that my Mum is all this for me, taht she is a Mother, and gives me a Mother's love. I love you Mum, you fill my heart, my mind, my soul, and your love overflows into my children too. Thank you for being my Mum, for being a Mother.

Mother's love is like a thread than runs throughout our lives, binding the generations together, entangling us all in love, like life lines connecting us as we drift away, ready always to pull us back and wrap us tight when we need it, and setting us free again, and again. It is the Mothers of the world who keep us all fed, clothed, loved and cared for, whatever the cost of doing so. They are the quilt that warms the world.

This tale of love and devotion, and family, is worth checking out this Mother's Day.

No comments: